Sunday, May 2, 2010

Renovation For The New Mobile Home

Okay, we're planning the remodel for the new house. The carpet is up, and we're going to put plywood flooring in. I know what you're thinking: "Plywood? The hell? That's going to be ugly!" Well, I thought so too, until I saw this:



Lovely, right? It's a little bit retro, still quite modern, and definitely unexpected. To put this floor throughout the whole house I'm estimating it will cost $200-300 which is great for our shoestring budget. More beautiful pictures and the tutorial can be found here. I'm so relieved that I found a great flooring solution because I spent all morning ripping up the ugly brown shag carpet that was in the house already. Oh, did I mention is was soaked in cat urine? Yes, Cat urine. It smelled awful, horrible, I don't think I will ever forget the stench. Can you guess my reward for going through that? Ugly linoleum! Yay! Seriously though, it's very yellowed, white and sparkly gold linoleum. I cannot wait to cover it up! I have another morning of cat-pee-fun-time-extreme tomorrow. Oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment